We start September with a new theme in our Friday Outfit: all this month will be dedicated to professions. To begin with, we have chosen a profession of high-flying: aircraft pilot.
Today we show you automatic watches inspired by the aircraft pilot profession within other selected products.
Before seeing the chosen products to complete your style, we bring you some curiosities about the profession of aircraft pilot:
Aircraft pilots are the people who control the flight of an aircraft. Originally they were called aviators, especially in France, where the term airplane was born.
- The first use of the term aviator was in 1887, as a variation of the word "aviation"/avis in Latin, which means bird.
- Highly distinguishes in civilian and military pilots although there is a lot of permeability between both professional branches.
- In some countries, such as Pakistan, Thailand and some African nations, there is a close relationship between the army and the main national airlines, and many airline pilots come from the armed forces.
- The aircraft pilot is always the last one to leave the ship in case of accident. As stated in article 55, no pilot "will abandon an aircraft that has suffered an airplane accident" until "it verifies that the last passenger on board has left it, unless circumstances make it impossible".
- The aircraft pilot profession has a low female representation. In 2017, only 3% of the women were pilots, and only 450 of these have the rank of commander.
Below you will see some of the automatic watches that we have chosen for this blog along with the rest of the products in the image.